Certificates of Deposit (CDs) – Altoona, PA and Duncansville, PA
from Investment Savings Bank
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) Availability from ISB:
Both fixed rate and variable rate CDs are available.
- Variable-rate interest (on 12-month CDs only) is paid quarterly.
- Fixed-rate interest on CDs is paid according to CD type (either short-term or long-term).
- Short-term fixed-rate CDs (terms of 7days up to and including 11month terms) pay simple interest at maturity.
- Long-term fixed-rate CDs (terms of 1 year and greater) either:
- pay interest semi-annually (on 18-month and 30-month CDs); or
- pay interest annually (on 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5-year term CDs, as well as on the 25-month term CD).
- CDs pay a higher rate of interest (compared with Money Market accounts, for instance) in exchange for a set term commitment.
- The interest earned on a CD can be deposited directly into an ISB checking or savings account, or issued in the form of a monthly check.
- CDs automatically renew.
Fixed rate minimum to open is $500 (terms from 6 months to 5 years).
Variable rate minimum to open is $1,000 (12-month term).
All funds are insured up to $250,000.00 by FDIC.
CDs are time-based deposits. A penalty is imposed for early withdrawal prior to the maturity date.
Certificate of Deposit Rates
|Term||Minimum Balance to Obtain APY||Interest Rates||Annual Percentage Yield||Disclosure|
|12 Month Variable Rate||$1,000.00 - $9,999.99||*0.45%||0.45%||Click|
|12 Month Variable Rate||$10,000.00 - $24,999.99||*0.55%||0.55%||Click|
|12 Month Variable Rate||$25,000.00 & Up||*0.85%||0.85%||Click|
|25 Month Double Up||$500.00||0.95%||0.95%||Click|
|30 Month SPECIAL||$500.00||*2.30%||2.31%||Click|
* The rate may change after the account is opened.
*** Penalty for Early Withdrawl ***